Computer Science and Software Engineering are backbones of R&D in the entire world. Pakistan has invested heavily in the development of these technologies. At the Newports Institute of Communication and Economics, we train students to solve cutting-edge problems in computational complexities, innovate and generate solutions.DEAN OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
The Department of Computer Science is focused on academics and technology-oriented education. In face of the rapidly changing environment of the computer industry, we enable the students to become a competent workforce, able to face any challenge in the professional field. We regularly invite guest speakers and conduct seminars, trainings, tutorials and workshops for the benefit of the students. Our main goal is the improvement of the professional and technical skills of the students and ensure that they acquire knowledge with analytic approach to take the technical challenges.
Our curriculum comprises of computational thought, examining the strength and acumen of students in terms of what can be computed effectively. We develop programming knowledge and enhance computer-based problem solving and other modern techniques. We strive to inculcate these skills and knowledge in our students to produce computer-based optimal solutions to the problems from the areas such as Deep learning, E-Governance, Software-defined Networks, Data Science, Neural networks, Supervised and Unsupervised learning, and other emerging fields.
- To provide our students with high-standard education in computer science using real, theoretical and practical approach
- To develop technical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills of students
- To inculcate a strong sense of ethics and commitment to contribute to the needs of the society
- Substantial understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science with comprehensive problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of latest computer trends in architecture, programming and application development
- Productive, and valuable professionals in their field and provide ability to readily work with other domains
- Written and oral communication skills, ethics, and professionalism to function effectively with technical and non-technical groups/individuals
- Graduates will have an aptitude and desire to engage in lifelong learning, and will adapt to new technologies tools and methodologies
- Working independently to analyze the requirements of complex problems in the real/business world and explore amicable solutions
- Develop effective teamwork and management skills
- To apply knowledge of computing appropriate to the disciplines
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice
- An ability to critically analyze a problem and to design, implement, and evaluate a computing solution that meets requirements