Mission & Vision
Newports Institute of Communications & Economics has been conceived as a preeminent institution of higher learning. It is dedicated to enriching the lives of its students, and engaging society through teaching, research and service.
- To provide quality education through teaching and research to develop professional skills.
- To overcome challenges of the competitive environment.
- To inculcate values and ethics to ensure socio intellectual development.
Learn, create and serve through education and research for socio-intellectual development
Newport’s Institute values are captured in the Arabic verb Yohsin ( يحسن ), which is rooted in the core Islamic notion of ʾiḥsān. A multidimensional concept, with no single word corollary in English, Yohsin entails measuring each person’s worth not only by the depth of their knowledge or skills, but by the application of their knowledge and skills to both personal self-cultivation and perfecting the world.
- To become a committed institute of Karachi through quality education.
- To provide growth and learning opportunities by developing interpersonal, communication, and leadership competencies and skills
- To provide facilities for our students to conduct their research in their areas of interests and specialization
- Acquaint students with the broad implication of theory and application techniques in their chosen fields of study
- To focus on the basic values of hard work, self-determination, personal integrity, professional attitude and character building for producing socially responsible and dynamic business leaders
- To provide a friendly academic environment and an exhilarating campus life
- To spread the message of knowledge, wisdom and awareness.